Thursday, October 30, 2008

Monday Morning Motivation



I am all gung ho and on the wagon on Monday mornings. Full of motivation and successful musings. Somewhere around three or four in the afternoon my Monday morning motivation train has left the station, derailed and is now a hazmat scene.


As a veteran dieter I try all the tricks such as drinking enough water to fill a man made lake, brushing my teeth and chewing gum. I must have an extra 'self sabotage' lobe in my brain that kicks in and replaces the stick to itness with start tomorrowness and leaves me eating too much or the wrong food. Often it leaves me eating too much of the wrong foods and the next morning my carb hangover leaves me bloated and wallowing in caloric remorse.


Two steps forward and one step back is frustrating but at this point at least I am 40 lbs lighter than I was. I try to focus on that instead the 20 lbs that I so very much want to lose and am struggling to.

No comments: