Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wheels!

One of the advantages of buying a new car is reliability. Or so I thought. To say I was shocked and dismayed yesterday when my one year old car broke down is a gross understatement. Timing is everything of course so this happened when my husband's car was in getting an oil change , my 16 year old son was with me (and didn't leave his car keys at home), one friend was out of town and another was working. Wow. February in Nebraska is not exactly the best time of year to walk home. Thankfully my friend's husband came to get us so we could pick up my husbands car. (Thanks Bill!)

My car is still under warranty so certainly it will be fixed but I was bummed none the less so later that evening my husband took me on a pity trip to Target. While walking aimlessly through the aisles looking at stuff we don't need my eyes spied a bike. A pretty purple bike. A Schwinn. ON CLEARANCE! I flagged down the first Target employee I saw and had him get the bike down for me. He said he didn't think the price was correct so he scanned it. It was correct. A ladies 26 inch Schwinn for $48.00. Come to momma! The red clearance stickers showed the price at $199.00 then $136.00 then $99.00 and now $48.00.

What a deal.

What a steal!

My new purple bike waits patiently in the garage for Spring to come to Nebraska so I can try out my new wheels!

No comments: