Monday, July 20, 2009

38:49


On a typical day for me in 38 minutes I can vacuum the house or do dishes and clean up the kitchen but this past Saturday I ran 3.1 miles.

(OK jogged interspersed with walking/sweating/praying)

I crossed the finish line in thirty eight minutes forty nine seconds. Shaving my time down from the 5k I did last Summer by nearly SIX minutes. Not to bad for a chunky gal. I need to lose forty pounds, I would be thrilled to lose twenty to tell you the truth.

(sigh)

The next 5k I am considering doing is August 9Th. My goal is to finish that in as close to 38 flat as I can. I am hoping these races help me lose weight but if not at least I will be more fit than if I just sat around moping about my XL butt. Being in a race with people all around makes me push myself a little harder and makes quitting not an option.

1 comment:

Abas KS said...

:-) Cardio is good.