Monday, July 6, 2009

Doggone It


Today an older neighbor lady came over and introduced herself. She found a tiny stray dog and wondered if he was ours. My son fell in love with this dog as soon as he laid eyes on her. I told my new neighbor lady we would take care of the dog until we found its owner. Being unfamiliar with our neighborhood still I can remember seeing many people out walking their dogs but haven't figured out which dogs live it which houses.

We don't own a dog. Never have.(We will soon though and are adopting a Dane through the rescue) I didn't know where to start. Maybe she was thirsty? I gave her some water but she didn't seem too interested in it. My son and I took the dog into the backyard and luckily my next door neighbors were out on their patio. Bev saved the day. She whipped out a portable kennel, dog biscuit and some kibble type food. The little puppy liked that. I put out a sign in the front yard that said we have a found dog and then went inside called the Humane Society and then posted a pic of the found pup on Facebook and Craigslist. Bev is a dog person though. She has a shitzu and used to show dogs. She knew the right thing to do. She rode around the neighborhood looking for people who looked like they were looking for someone. She found Gracie's mom. Way to go Bev.

The mom was glad to have her puppy back but I think my son would have been thrilled to keep her.

1 comment:

Abas KS said...

Cute looking dog.)