Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not Everyone Is A Winner


Today I was trying to rush my six year old out the door. For anyone with any experience with a six year old knows this is like trying to rush a turtle. She can't decide what to take with her, dog or doll? Where are her sandals? No, she wants the pink ones not these purple ones. Finally I say loudly and emphatically ''LETS GO'' to which she responds not with speed of course but puts her things down and starts cheering. Oh for heaven's sake I say to myself!

'' LET'S GO! LET'S GO! LET'S GO TEAM! GO!

LET'S FIGHT! LET'S FIGHT! LET'S FIGHT TEAM FIGHT!

GO! FIGHT! LOSE!''

Chuckling I tell her it is ''go fight win''. She looks at me like only Laramie can and says

''But Mommy, someone has to lose so I am cheering them on."

This makes me grind to a halt. I don't want to rush her anymore. I want her to stay this little and this sweet for as long as I can.

No comments: