Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally! A Wii for Mii!


After patiently waiting for a Wii Fit for months I finally have one. Wii Fit is a very popular game system from Nintendo that retails for approximately $95.00 or at least that is how much it cost at a nearby Game Stop store in Omaha, Nebraska. The Wii Fit is sold separately from the Wii game system. They do this because they make more money that way and because there is no shortage of consumers (like me) who snap up all the nifty plastic coated electronics that they just have to have!
I could say that I politely thanked my husband when he brought it home to me but truth be told I gleefully ripped that sucker out of his hands. I had the Wii Fit box opened in no time. I could hardly conceal my excitement as I emptied it of the batteries, balance board, game disc and two instruction manuals.
Uh oh. Two manuals? My butterflies sank in my chunky tummy. Darn it. I wanted to play it NOW.
I flipped through them. They were only a bit thick due to being printed in three different languages. Ok, it is not so bad. Easy enough instructions and within ten minutes I was ready to set up and play.
Hmmmm…. Why is my husband still sitting recliner? Oh God! He plans on watching this all unfold like some sort of cellulite beholden opera but instead of the fat lady singing she is going exercise. I will exercise in front of strangers at the gym but not my husband! This is a fate worse that public flatulence (pet peeve #2 right under exercising in front of my spouse)
He says he paid for it; he wants to see if it was worth the money. I didn’t feel like sulking or arguing with him and at this point I am still excited about having a Wii Fit so I just continue on. Create my Mii character. Short, chunky and spunky I named my Mii character Mommii. Next I clicked through a bunch of screens about how important balance and posture are. Blah, blah, blah. I want to play! Let’s get to the fun stuff.
First though it wants to do a body test. Height, age, balance. Okey dokey. Moving along now. Then it weighed me and gave my BMI. My husband hasn’t known my weight for seven years. Wisely, he sat silent. The Wii however was not silent. Did this thing just groan at me? Complete with sound effects it proclaimed me to be obese. No kidding! That is why we bought it! The Wii Fit then compiles all of the information from this set up and gives you your Wii Fit Age. I am beginning to not like this thing!

…..PART II WILL CONTINUE TOMORROW……

No comments: