Saturday, March 14, 2009


The other day (last week) I bought new beverage glasses. I thought it was time the Walker family graduated to glass glasses instead of the plastic ones. Sure we have two kids and I am rather clumsy but none the less I wanted them. Generally I am an optimist and believe that the glass is half full.
It usually is!
As a mommy-optimist though I know that the half full glass is left next to the computer where there is not supposed to be any food or drink and that it isn't discovered until after the kids have already gone to bed.
That is Mommydom for you.
I can handle washing the glasses but ever since the glasses were taken out of their box it has sat there waiting to be taken out. At first I believed I was having a stand off of sorts with my teenaged son and husband but then realized a stand off is not a stand off if no one notices you are having one.
So am I to just let that box sit there on the counter? Not exactly. For now it is where I am hiding my stash of bought-too-early-eating-it-anyway Easter candy.
Mmmmmmm...mmmmm chocolate.
Not very Mommylike of me to have candy and not share, huh?
Naaah....serves them right!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

I have also taken the same sort of stand. Unfortunatly like yours, it quickly fell. Why is it that Mommys are the only ones that can see when things around the house need to be done?