Monday, May 25, 2009

Praemonitus praemunitus

Translation: FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED.


''BUYER BEWARE'' is another good one.

Why am I thinking of quotes this morning? Well, because yesterday I thought I had a stellar day on my diet. Healthy, low calorie, low fat , high vitamin breakfast, church then out to lunch. I thought we were going to Macaroni Grill so I knew I would order the Pollo Magro which is one of their least calorically offensive offerings. They were not open though so we went to Chili's. I ordered the Quesadilla Explosion Salad. It was good. Rather tasty. Sure it came with a smallish quesadilla but the chicken was grilled and it wasn't drowning in dressing. After lunch we went to the park then hit the gym for 25 minutes on the treadmill, yoga class then swimming with my daughter which isn't actually swimming but just splashing around. Healthy dinner and a good nights sleep. All good stuff for the perpetual dieter.

Back to the quotes, I am meeting a friend at Panera this morning so I looked up the nutritional information so I can order wisely. Panera is the devil's den when it comes to calories! After figuring out what I should order there I decided for the heck of it to look at Chili's website.

Ouch.

1260 calories and 76 grams of fat! For a salad! Of Chili's salads the Quesadilla Explosion is actually the worst one a person could order if they are trying to cut calories.

Next time it is Runza for the Southwest Chicken Salad. That one is tasty and under 600 calories.

I learned a very valuable lesson though. When it comes to going out to eat I am definitely going to look before I leap!

1 comment:

Abas KS said...

Yeah..watch what you eat, Sandy. Some small things do pack a whopper in calories.

Abas
aimvotal.com