Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Things We Do For Love (and out of guilt)


I am afflicted with COULROPHOBIA. For those of you who know me don't panic. It is not fatal (most likely).

Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. Don't laugh, I can't help it. Those red nosed freaks give me the willies!

Because of this I never took my son to the circus. Yeah, I know, take away my Mother of the Year trophy. My sister took him so at least he got to see it and we discovered that coulrophobia is not hereditary. He is sixteen now and I think he would have ended up to be the same kind of kid whether he went to the circus or not. Now his sister is six and my husband is guilting me into taking her. Ugh! He insists he can't take her alone in case she has to go to the bathroom. Not the best reason to make me face my fears but he does have a point. Last summer we actually got into an argument over this because I would not cave and refused to go.

GUILT GUILT GUILT

Fine, lets get this over with. I bought the tickets online tonight. Here is her one shot of going to the circus. I hope she enjoys it. I hope the cotton candy is ten bucks too because my husband is going to pay for this!!