Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quiche Me You Fool



Racking our brains for something nice but different to serve my mother this Mother's Day we finally decided on quiche. A good decision for a chilly Spring day. I printed out a recipe. Well, the ingredients part printed but not the rest of the recipe. I didn't tell my husband that I just sent him to the store for the ingredients. My husband does not bunt well. A very linear (and sometimes annoying) thinker he is. Now he is frazzled. I try to reassure him that it is quiche not nuclear fission and surely it will come out ok. Then we disagree on what to add to the quiche. Now we are making two quiches. His and hers. His has kielbasa, red peppers and cheddar cheese. Mine had onions, spinach and mozzarella cheese. They both turned out good. Well, I assume they did. He wouldn't taste mine and I wouldn't taste his. It is Mother's Day after all so in my opinion he should have conceded. At least he did the dishes though!

Here is MY recipe:

5 whole eggs

1 cup milk

1.5 cups shredded cheese(I used mozzarella)

3/4 package thawed spinach

handful chopped onion

Stir it up. Dump it into a frozen pre-made pie crust in aluminum pan.

Cook at 350 for almost an hour.

Stab it with a butter knife. If it is gooey it needs more time.

Yummola!!!!

2 comments:

Abas KS said...

Hiya..Sandy..hows my favorite blogger? :-) Mozarella cheese..yummm..

I got some new content over at my blogs.
aimvotal.com

Hope to see you there..

Abas KS said...

Quiche..sounds quichy but sure can be tasty. :-)