Wednesday, January 14, 2009

CLICKETY CLICKETY CLICKETY


I love the feel of my fingers flying over my laptop. The clickety sound of my writers block temporarily dissipated. I love to write. I get that from my mom. She is a prolific poet and writer. Published hundreds of times in various places especially Fence Posts and Lutheran Digest. Many more to be sure. Her mother wrote too. I hope my children write someday. They can pay me back for all the blogs I have written about them. I recently have made my foray into the professional freelancing world. I have a true blue professional writer friend who told me that once you get paid for something no matter how little the pay or small the article is I can now consider myself a professional. (Thanks Tamsen!) I must be a writer, I have the rejection slips to prove it! They don't slow me down though. Clickety, clickety I am working on my next story/article/project. Along with my blogs and submissions I mail out I have been submitting articles online to Associated Content (and getting paid I happily report). You can see my content here http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/380549/sandy_walker.html

I will improve with time and experience. I don't take rejection or constructive criticism to heart. I am having a great time to boot!

No comments: