Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's New?






I am one of those people who love to try new stuff. You never know if you are going to find a new favorite shampoo, restaurant, detergent etc. It drives my anal retentive , regimented husband crazy. He loathes when I rearrange the furniture so a new food is not met with enthusiasm much less an open mind.



Sometimes we find a new family favorite such as the delicious Dellalo calamata olives. Way better than the Marzetti's brand that we tried prior to this. They are awesome. Some things slip by unnoticed like the dishwasher detergent tablets. Of course that could be due to the fact that I am the only one entrusted with the secret knowledge of dishwasher loading. It is becoming a lost art!



Of course there are the duds. Fiber One Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats were ok-ish if you didn't mind an odd coating on the roof of your mouth but the Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal was not delightful at all. GAK! Is the sound I made after my one and only bite. Truly heinous breakfast food is no way to start the day. Another purchase I won't repeat is the Chap Stick true shimmer, peppermint flavor. Yes, it shimmers but it also casts a bluish tint on my lips. So much so that I looked oxygen deprived. I got some very concerned looks at the gym.



Despite the products that miss the mark I still keep my eye out for new things to try at the store and my husband still grits his teeth as I unload my new finds on the kitchen counter when I get home.

No comments: