Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's A Secret!


Actually it is a bunch of secrets that aren't really secrets anymore. Confused? I am referring to http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/. People mail in their secrets on a postcard to the bloggers address they might get it published. Thousands of secrets have been mailed in. The website is updated every Sunday with new secrets and several books of the secrets have been published.

I don't know why I am drawn to this website. Each week I check it and it invariably conjures up a variety of emotions. It is kind of like rubber necking on the highway when you see someone on the side of the road. Arrested? Broken down? Accident? It is just curiosity I suppose. Like coming upon an accident scene, I hope everyone is alright and I move along. It is odd that so many people have so many deep dark secrets. Not that I am an open book. I certainly am not. I don't tell everyone one everything but if you put all the people I know in one room then collectively they know everything there is to know about me. I don't particularly see secrets as a good thing. I figure everyone has a past, their own dirty laundry so to speak or they have been in similar situations as myself at some point in their life. I guess if I had a secret so deep and dark that I felt I truly could tell no one I would just tell God. He would already know anyway!

No comments: