Monday, January 12, 2009

I WON!


At the beckoning of my cousin Nancy Joy I joined the Goodreads site. At first I didn't think the site itself was that interesting or useful but once I toyed around with it a bit I like having virtual bookshelves to catalog the books I have read and more importantly the books I want to read.
Sometimes I hear of a good book but then when I am at the library or bookstore I can't recall any of the titles I was interested in. Goodreads also has authors as well as reviews that anyone can write about a book. I was exploring the site and noticed they have giveaways. A person can sign up to win an advance copy of a book. Of course this is in hopes that you in turn will post a review of that book on the Goodreads site.
I shot off an email to my cousin to see if she had signed up for any book giveaways and she had not. Within a week or two after signing up she won a book. Sorry, I can't remember the title but she is an avid reader so she has probably already chewed up that book. I kept entering the giveaways and I finally won.
Yeah me!
Today the UPS guy delivered my book. Eve: A Novel of the First Woman by Elissa Elliott. Perfect timing too. The weather is incredibly crappy with near ground blizzard conditions. I can stay inside and cuddle up on the couch with my prize. I hope it is a good one but either way I will post a review, it is the least I can do for getting a free book.

No comments: