Thursday, November 20, 2008

Achooooo!


Instead of the usual morning sounds I was greeted with coughing and sneezing. Both of my kids woke up sick this morning. This puts the brakes on all plans I had for the day. Sure it is just a cold but they feel miserable and need lots of tlc.
Relying on the tried and true, orange juice and chicken noodle soup are on the menu for lunch. It might be an old wives tale but I am convinced it helps.
I am so glad we can cuddle up in our pajamas on the couch with lots of blankets and watch a movie.
Days like this I am so thankful to be able to stay at home with them. I don't have to call into work (if I had enough sick days left) or pack them up and send them to Grandma's or school. Finances were easier when I used to work but parenting was so much harder. I think the pay cut was worth it!

No comments: