Saturday, November 29, 2008

A VERY BLACK FRIDAY INDEED


I didn't go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I just don't think the long lines and crowds are worth saving a few extra bucks even if the item advertised is in stock. Limited quantities and over hyped sales apparently are enough to get the masses to flock to the store in the pre-dawn hours and wait in line . I have never thought that Black Friday was that great. If there is an item that is a great bargain then most likely there is not enough of it to go around. I have blogged about this before (http://www.thatswhatisay.today.com/) but now I find myself more disgusted than ever when I read about the 34 year old man working at a Walmart in Long Island who was trampled to death by shoppers when he unlocked the doors Friday morning and hundreds of shoppers stampeded in to buy more made in China crap that they could ever want or need. I can't imagine that a TV, crock pot, blow dryer or video game was worth that mans life. Just like that Jdimytai Damour's life was stomped out by people wanting to save a few bucks. Police are scrutinized the security tapes and are considering pressing charges. I wonder if the people in that mob think it was worth it now. I doubt it. If I wasn't already against the Black Friday craze this incident would definitely make up my mind to never be a party to that mad rush again.

No comments: